The S Series Integrated Logistics Support Specifications is a suite of specifications for product support that will provide the seamless passage of technical data (logistics, provisioning, technical publications/IETMs, scheduled maintenance and maintenance data feedback). The S Series suite is a joint project between the Aerospace Industries Association, Aerospace and Defence Industries Association of Europe and the ATA e Business Program (on S1000D).
The S Series suite is comprised of the following:
- SX000i International guide for the use of the S-Series Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) specifications
- S1000D International specification for technical publications using a common source database
- S2000M International specification for materiel management – Integrated data processing
- S3000L International specification for Logistics Support Analysis – LSA
- S4000P International specification for developing and continuously improving preventive maintenance
- S5000F International specification for in-service data feedback
- S6000T International procedure specification for Training/TNA
Below is a graphical overview of the ILS business process and the S Series.
For more information on the S Series specifications, please contact Gery Mras at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of S Series
- Common Architecture and Data Model (common attributes/element)
- Standard PLCS driven data model
- Common thread for defining using nomenclature
- Single Global Data Repository
- Embraces Systems Engineering Methodology
- Support the escalation of Product Support strategy (design for maintenance – manufacturing for maintenance)
- Single solution for Product Support data (buy in)
- Data Interoperability and integration in a global environment
- Supports use of a standard proven process that enhances quality and data reuse. Way to capture metrics
- Handbook to provide guidance
- Supports LOTAR strategy