Director, Membership & Supply Chain Management
January 14, 2021
Department: Membership & Strategic Development
Date: 10 December 2020
To learn more about AIA, please visit: https://www.aia-aerospace.org/about-aia/
As a key member of the Aerospace Industries Association, the Director of Membership & Supply Chain Management directly supports the Association’s recruitment and retention activities and serves as the principal staff support for the Supplier Management Council (SMC), its events and associated subgroups. The positions workload is split 60/40 between strategic recruitment/retention and support for the SMC.
The position will directly support the Vice President of Membership & Strategic Development by implementing the Associations recruiting and retention programs and providing daily management of the Supplier Management Council. The position will support value creation for members and support the long-term viability of the association through a focus on recruitment and retention. This position will leverage the candidates previous experience in structured business capture to refine recruitment strategies, improve closure rates and enhance member retention.
The SMC serves as the primary body within the association to access all levels of the Aerospace and Defense supply chain and focuses on implementation/execution of current policies. The position will coordinate with other staff functions within AIA whose primary responsibility is policy and advocacy. The position will also support AIA’s advocacy and outreach efforts via the SMC by coordinating with the Communications and Legislative Affairs teams to identify voices/leaders to serve as advocates for industry’s positions.
AIA represents the nation’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of civil, military, and business aircraft, space systems, helicopters, as well as other aerospace products and services. For additional information, please visit: http://www.aia-aerospace.org/.
AIA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran status. Consistent with AIA’s commitment to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better organization and better results. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
An integral part of the Membership & Strategic Development team, the Director’s primary responsibilities are to conduct and track key recruitment and retention activities for both Full and Associate members and implement association wide retention and recruitment efforts. These efforts include supporting the Vice President in development and execution of membership engagement strategies, creation and maintenance of membership products and communications, planning of membership events, engagement with current and prospective members, and producing business intelligence reports to drive success in future growth verticals.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the development, planning and implementation of AIA’s recruitment and retention strategy for approval by the Vice President, Membership & Strategic Development, for full and associate members that are underpinned by data and quantitative metrics.
- Leads and coordinates membership retention and recruitment efforts with other divisions and with the Office of the President to ensure they are consistently implemented across the association, integrated into major event execution plans and provides monitoring and visibility into these efforts via intuitive and data driven metrics.
- Represents the value of AIA membership to current and prospective members through in person or virtual marketing meetings including the preparation of dedicated marketing briefs.
- Develops and maintains all Membership marketing and retention products and communications, working closely with the Communications department to ensure Membership products are up-to-date and reflect the value proposition of AIA membership; supports the development and briefing of presentation materials to AIA and member company leadership.
- Lead staff support for the Supplier Management Council Leadership Committee ensuring activities are aligned with AIA priorities and included in AIA advocacy related to supply chain management. This includes developing and executing all SMC engagements and advocacy internally/externally on supply chain issues in coordination with the impacted Policy, Legislative and Communications teams.
- Partner with Corporate Events on all event execution to ensure member value creation and the integration of recruiting and retention objectives.
- Partner with Manager, Industry Research and Analysis, to constantly monitor industry news and business intelligence to inform AIA leadership decisions and actions impacting AIA membership.
- Assists AIA finance and accounting in the annual dues accounts receivable process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience required including 2-3 years’ experience conducting business capture or development in the aerospace or defense industries
- An understanding and appreciation for supply chain management and key issues facing industrial supply chains
- Working knowledge of business and industry affairs, including M&A and business intelligence
- Experience in membership management activities desired but not required
- Self-motivated; flexible; team-oriented; independent
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills (speaking, writing, editing)
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to work with and relate to different personalities at all business levels
- Enthusiastic, positive personality with a true commitment for the aerospace and defense industry
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience required
To Apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) References [Name, Title, Contact information]
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed
AIA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran status.