Winter/Spring American Rocketry Challenge Virtual Internship
November 19, 2020
The American Rocketry Challenge internship program gives selected interns the opportunity to be involved hands-on in the planning and execution of the world’s largest student rocket contest. Interns will gain valuable training in project management, communications, and data-driven research.
An intern will work as an integral part of a small team that manages the American Rocketry Challenge, so will be actively involved in a variety of different aspects of the program. By the end of the internship, an intern will have a deep understanding of non-profit program management, diverse communications skills, and a clear, intern-led project success.
This internship requires a 15 to 25 hour time commitment per week. This internship is based in Washington, D.C. and the Eastern time zone but will be managed remotely.
The selected intern will be expected to begin no later than Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
- Assisting with the administration of our 2021 Title I Grant program
- Assisting with the launch and administration of our new Alumni Network
- Collaborating with our Digital Media Director on student and alumni engagement and events
- Aiding the Program Manager in presenting certain sponsorship events, such as webinars and panels
- Conducting research using internal contest datasets to help understand trends in participation
- Working with the Program Manager to develop new partnerships and programming in a COVID-19 environment and post-COVID-19 transition plans
- Undergraduate student, juniors and seniors preferred, with a passion for aerospace, education, and/or youth engagement. All majors will be considered.
- Prior internship experienced preferred.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Notion and Microsoft Power BI is a plus, but not required.
About the American Rocketry Challenge
The American Rocketry Challenge is the world’s largest rocket contest with nearly 5,000 students nationwide competing each year. The contest gives middle and high school students the opportunity to design, build and launch model rockets and hands-on experience solving engineering problems. Since the program’s founding in 2002, over 70,000 students have gained invaluable STEM skills through hands-on, project-based learning.
To Apply, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) References [Name, Title, Contact information]
AIA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran status.