Vice President, Membership & Strategic Development
March 13, 2019
Department: Membership & Strategic Development
Date: 1 March 2019
To learn more about AIA, please visit: https://aiaerospace.wpengine.com/about-aia/
The Vice President, Membership and Strategic Development is responsible for overseeing and directing all membership recruitment and retention programs for the Association, identifying strategic membership opportunities while mitigating at-risk memberships, and enabling member engagement throughout the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA). The position helps to set policies for maintaining and improving overall membership services to include identifying and executing on membership growth strategies.
This Vice President is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy to obtain the association’s membership goals for both full and associate members.
In addition, the Vice President ensures the engagement of the Executive Committee of the Supplier Management Council through oversight of the Director, Membership & Supply Chain Management, who develops the content for the Council’s meetings, and focuses on issues related to ensuring the vitality of the industrial base supply chain.
AIA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran status. Consistent with our AIA’s commitment to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better organization and better results. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports directly to the COO and interacts with AIA’s Executive Committee, its Board of Governors, and other member CEOs and senior company representatives.
The Vice President, Membership and Strategic Development oversees a division that includes the Director, Membership & Supply Chain Management and the Manager, Database & Membership Operations. The division:
- Works closely with the CEO and COO to develop and execute the membership strategy for AIA to include key company and industry targets;
- Develops and executes on the Association’s membership retention and engagement goals and develops policies aligned to those objectives;
- Assists the CFO and COO in the annual budgeting and forecasting process for AIA costs and revenue;
- Assists in planning and executing the Association’s major corporate meetings and events, including the Board of Governors and other membership meetings, Supplier Management Council Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings, and major AIA events at international air shows;
- Directs the maintenance of the AIA membership database, ensuring that all rosters and membership participant lists are accurate and up to date;
- Conducts surveys of the membership to obtain feedback on the Association’s performance and areas for potential improvement or growth; and
- Serves as a central resource for membership questions, responding to inquiries from member companies, government, and the public, as well as representatives serving on AIA councils and committees.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Self-starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- A minimum of five years in a senior management role in government, an association, or aerospace-related corporation.
- Ability to effectively market the vision, programs, and value of membership in AIA to maintain and increase membership including reaching and/or expanding into new or untapped markets.
- A vision and the ability to translate that vision into programs that increase AIA membership including reaching and/or expanding into new or emerging markets.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player while producing the highest caliber work product in a timely manner.
- Specific expertise in membership, business development, or customer service, including prior-supervisory experience in a membership-based organization, association, or aerospace/defense-related corporation.
- Experience in developing and managing departmental budgets.
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity.
- Demonstrated experience and success in the use of technology as a management tool.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience required
To Apply, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) References [Name, Title, Contact information]
AIA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran status.