Product Support Sustainment and Engagement
AIA supports the Nation Defense Strategy by promoting the adoption of innovative product support strategies that increase operational readiness and reduce lifecycle cost. “Reform the Department for Greater Performance and Affordability”
AIA Position StatementLook Toward the Future
To engage with U.S. government leaders responsible for materiel and sustainment policies to provide collective industry viewpoints and recommendations on lifecycle product support concepts, business practices, implementation or impact of pending legislation, policy, regulations, and procedures.
Take Action Now
- Propose NDAA legislative provisions and establish consensus positions to congressional committee reports on sustainment issues
- Support the US DoD with adoption and support future development of the S-Series Integrated Product Support Specifications. (Additional information in the SASC Committee Report.)
- Establish industry positions addressing product support disruptors and perspectives on reducing lifecycle cost by implementing emerging digital technologies.
- Promote acquisition reform that improves sustainment outcomes during the lifecycle value stream (DoD 5000.91 Product Support Management for the Adaptive Acquisition Framework).
- Respond to DFARS rules having an impact upon reliability and maintainability of aircrafts and weapon system design. (DFARS Case 2020-D027: Ground and Flight Risk)
- Promote public private partnerships that support MRO agreements with international alliances to strategically mitigate the tyranny of distance for future military deployments.
- Establish industry positions addressing product support disruptors, perspectives, and priorities.
To strengthen coalitions by building alliances and partnerships focused on innovative business reform, improve product support strategies.
Your Leadership ConnectionTechnical Operations Team
AIA’s technical operations leadership team is well-positioned to address members’ issues and advocacy needs.
Explore Related Topics
Explore strategic technical direction for issues related to global competitiveness and innovation, the future of regulation, A&D investment, and the 21st century workforce.