AIA fosters a joint collaboration with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), America Aerospace Quality Group (AAQG) and the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) to shape risk-based quality management policies, agency guidance document and standards to ensure A&D industry effectiveness and alignment to contractual quality requirements.
AIA Position StatementLook Toward the Future
- Leverage interrelationship association with defense partners on data sharing to maximize oversight effectiveness while reducing industry cost of compliance. Implement robust process management practices that eliminates non-value-added processes and reduces cycle time and errors of process critical path activities.
- Foster development of a highly successful digital workforce that leverages emerging technologies and adopts best practices to improve customer support, force readiness, and lethality.
Take Action Now
Provide industry representation along with the AAQG and IAQG on the DCMA “Joint Strategic Quality Council,” a collaborative partnership that enables the DCMA and its defense partners to significantly enhance the environment for implementing improvement projects.
To remain steadfast as the catalyst for collaboration with appropriate govt. agency while addressing issue related to:
- DCMA and FAA quality policies
- Standardization of quality flow-down requirements
- Baselining the appropriate issuance and escalation of Corrective action Requests (CAR)
- The proliferation of counterfeit parts within the aerospace supply chain
- QPL/QML supply chain reliability and risk reduction
- The requirements to internationally certify Non-Destructive Testing inspectors (AIA/NAS – NAS410 NAS CERTIFICATION & QUALIFICATION OF NONDESTRUCTIVE TEST PERSONNEL)
- The implementation FOD mitigation strategies (AIA/NAS – NAS412 FOREIGN OBJECT DAMAGE (FOD) PREVENTION GUIDANCE DOCUMENT)
- Standardized implementation of remote virtual verification methods (AIA/NAS – NAS413 Remote Verification Implementation Guidance)
Your Leadership ConnectionTechnical Operations Team
AIA’s technical operations leadership team is well-positioned to address members’ issues and advocacy needs.
Explore Related Topics
Explore strategic technical direction for issues related to global competitiveness and innovation, the future of regulation, A&D investment, and the 21st century workforce.