1. In 2018, the U.S. Aerospace & Defense industry generated $929.5 billion in sales revenue. This is an increase of 4% from the previous year
2. A&D business activity generated $58.1 billion in Federal tax revenue and $20.6 billion in state and local tax revenue, representing approximately 3% and 1% of total tax revenues respectively. This represents a combined tax revenue of $78.7 billion in 2018.
3. The Commercial Aerospace segment of the A&D industry generated $318 billion in sales, while the Defense & National Security segment generated $152 billion.
4. End-use manufacturers of A&D systems accounted for 51% of total sales while the industry’s supply chain accounted for the remaining 49% of sales.
5. In addition to the sales generated by the industry’s commercial aerospace and defense and national security segments, U.S. A&D generated an additional $458 billion of sales from the industry’s supply chain, which includes $123 billion from firms providing services to manufacturers.