The Facts on Trade
- The U.S. Aerospace & Defense (A&D) industry generated $143 billion worth of exports in 2017. Over the past five years, A&D exports have grown by 26 percent, or from $113 billion in 2012 to $143 billion in 2017.
- A&D accounted for nine percent of all U.S. exports in domestic goods and is the nation’s third largest exporting industry.
- A&D is the nation’s leading net exporting industry and generated a trade surplus of $86 billion in 2017.
- Exports of supply chain products including engines, components and parts, accounted for 56 percent, or $80 billion of total U.S. A&D exports.
- The U.S. is the world’s largest exporter of A&D products and accounted for 34 percent of global A&D exports, up four percent since 2010.
Aerospace Exports - Detail
Aerospace Imports - Detail
2018 Defense Exports Analysis
2017 A&D Facts and Figures