Coordinator, Membership and Standards
July 29, 2022
To learn more about Aerospace Industries Association, please visit: https://www.aia-aerospace.org/about-aia/
|Reports To||Ben Stone, SVP, Operations||Job Level||Coordinator|
As a key member of the Aerospace Industries Association, the Coordinator, Membership and Standards supports functions central to the day-to-day operations of AIA’s Membership and Standards teams. As part of the Coordinator cadre at AIA, this position also supports other divisions as needed.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations, with a dotted line report to the Assistant Vice President, Standards, the Coordinator assists the Membership team with volunteer governance succession planning, and supports the Standards team with timely action on standards-related projects.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Duties: Responsible for providing administrative support to the Membership, Air Show, and Standards teams, or other AIA divisions on an as-needed basis.
- Administers the registration process; responsible for creating meeting registration in either CVent and/or Dynamics Systems, assisting in executing events onsite, offsite and online including tracking attendance and following up with billing to members and vendors.
- Supports AIA’s member database (Microsoft Dynamics): record maintenance, making amendments and changes to member companies, creating/ending system relationships, pulling committee lists for divisions, maintaining committee list updates for divisions, general data cleanup/entry.
- Supports preparation of materials for division’s councils and committees as needed. Collects and collates department summaries of meeting presentations. Maintains collections of meeting briefing books. Distributes meeting notices and materials to member company representatives and collects and tracks proxy forms.
- Ensures all physical logistics for meetings are in place and operating (for example: sets up conference room, ensures audio-visual equipment is operational, and catering/refreshments are in place). After conclusion of the meeting, ensures the space and all equipment has been cleaned and cleared and is ready for use.
- Ensures all systems/online logistics for meetings are in place and operating (Teams, Zoom, etc.).
- Ensures all meeting notices, read ahead materials and follow-up materials are provided to participants in a timely manner.
- Processes all division invoices in corporate payment system.
Current Divisional Support Duties:
Responsibilities in support of Standards team:
- Creates, tracks, and processes approval ballots for the National Aerospace Standards program. Has a deep understanding of the standards development process and evaluates each approval ballot to ensure consensus has been reached in accordance with established procedures. Uses a high degree of care to ensure standards development records are accurate throughout the lifecycle of a standards project.
- Maintains and updates online balloting and document review system (Higher Logic Workspace), including management of group rosters.
- Provides administrative support for 2 ISO committee secretariats held by AIA, which includes posting committee updates within ISO Document system, preparing and issuing approval ballots for ISO standards, posting results of ballots, collating ballot comments, supporting project management of committee work program to ensure projects stay on track and project leaders are reminded of deadlines, providing support for planning of 3 international committee meetings per year. Effective support requires knowledge of (or ability to learn) ISO Directives, including the standards development steps for ISO standards.
- Triages Standards email inbox and distributes to appropriate staff for action.
- Updates Standards Management Portal (SharePoint environment) and tracking spreadsheets based on ballot status and document updates.
- Files copyright for NAS standards on a monthly basis.
- Participates in weekly team meetings, provides updates on assigned work, and is an integral part of team problem-solving when issues arise.
- Works with Higher Logic helpdesk to troubleshoot any issues with AIA’s site.
- Manages the annual collection of fees for technical advisors to the standards program.
Responsibilities in support of Membership team:
- Oversees and manages Team Accounting’s A&D revenue reporting from AIA member companies.
- Assists Director, Membership with monthly prep work for cross-divisional membership check-ins, by researching and updating engagement metrics tracker for at-risk companies, and updating metrics tracker for prospect outreach efforts; attends meetings as schedule allows.
- Assists Manager, Member Engagement with Air Show exhibitor list research in preparation for Air Show event-related activity support.
- Assists Team Membership with post-membership terminations process, to include telephone exit interviews and database entry.
- Supports association wide retention and accounts receivable outreach efforts.
Receptionist Duties: Acts as AIA first representative to callers and visitors to AIA. Provides professional and personal reception to all AIA guests. Acts as the voice and face of AIA to anyone contacting or visiting AIA.
- Receives guests and visitors, in a professional manner and give them complete and undivided attention; answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, members and others and refers them to the appropriate to the appropriate AIA contact or other resource.
- Answers phone promptly, listens carefully, speaks clearly, uses correct grammar, and provides basic information to callers.
- If the person for whom the caller is requesting is not available, offers to take messages or asks if they would like to be transferred to the person’s voicemail.
- If a message is taken, obtains specific information such as correct name (ask for spelling), telephone number, time of call, and reason for call.
- Ensures comfort and convenience for guests; offers coffee and refreshments.
- Gives AIA office directions to callers.
- Has back-up responsibility for the Front Desk Guide and helps to ensure that all information is kept up to date and available.
- Keeps the reception area organized, clean and neat; ensures model cabinets are clean and neat.
- Receives and routes deliveries (Fed-ex etc) and informs staff of deliveries; calls for courier/express mail pick ups.
- Maintains visitor log and sign-in sheets.
- Maintains presence at the front desk to greet all guests, upon arrival, and ensures that no one is allowed unauthorized access to our offices.
- Maintains conference room scheduling.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- Self-motivated; flexible; team-oriented; independent
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills (speaking, writing, editing)
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to work under pressure; managing multiple tasks simultaneously is required
- Ability to work with and relate to different personalities at all business levels
- Enthusiastic, positive personality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience is required
- Experience in a non-profit organization, trade association, or aerospace industry preferred.
- Experience with standards development activities, especially with regard to quorum, balloting, and comment resolution.
To Apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
AIA is proud to be committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran status. Consistent with these policies, we strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better organization and better results. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.