Board of Governors
AIA is led by a Board of Governors that consists of senior, C-suite level representatives of full member companies. A hallmark of AIA is that it receives its policy guidance through the involvement of CEO-level officers of the country’s major aerospace companies. The government frequently seeks advice from AIA on issues, and AIA provides a forum for government and industry representatives to exchange views and resolve problems on non-competitive matters related to the aerospace and defense industry.
Member representatives who serve on the Board of Governors or Executive Committee are responsible for:
- Acting as visionaries for the organization
- Ensuring adherence to AIA’s mission, vision and code of ethics
- Ensuring the perpetuation of the organization
- Maintaining, develop, and expand programs and services for the membership
- Making decisions based on what is best for the majority of the AIA membership and acting in the best interests of the organization
- Ensuring the safety and protection of AIA’s assets and resources
- Ensuring that the organization has sufficient resources and staff to carry out Board and Executive Committee policies
- Attending and actively participating in all Board meetings
Chair, Aerospace Industries Association || Strategic Advisor (former CEO), Spirit AeroSystems
President – Defence; Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce North America, Inc.
President, Chief Executive Officer & Chairman of the Board, BRPH Architects Engineers, Inc.
Edward M. Swallow
Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer, The Aerospace Corporation, Civil Systems Group
Member companies and individuals are selected to serve on the Board and ExCom based on:
- Length of AIA membership
- Management level within their company (President and CEO level)
- Attendance record at major meetings and events, including the Board of Governors and Membership Meeting
- Participation levels by the member company in AIA’s councils and committees
- Level of support of AIA programs and events
- Familiarity with the Association and industry
- Unique skills and/or expertise
Interested in serving on the Board of Directors or Executive Committee?
Contact Ben Stone
Senior Vice President, Operations
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (703) 358-1056