S-Series IPS Standards
The S-Series Integrated Product Support (IPS) specifications is a suite of specifications for product support that will provide the seamless passage of technical data.
Download Open Source S-Series Standards
The S-Series suite is comprised of the following specifications:
- SX000i: International guide for the use of the S-Series Integrated Product Support (IPS) specifications
- S1000D: International specification for technical publications using a common source database
- S2000M: International specification for material management – Integrated data processing
- S3000L: International specification for Logistics Support Analysis – LSA
- S4000P: International specification for developing and continuously improving preventive
- S5000F: International specification for in-service data feedback
- S6000T: International procedure specification for Training/TNA
The S-Series suite is a joint project between the Aerospace Industries Association, Aerospace and Defence Industries Association of Europe, and the ATA eBusiness Program (on S1000D).
Benefits of S-Series
- Common architecture and data model (common attributes/element)
- Standard PLCS driven data model
- Common thread for defining using nomenclature
- Single global data repository
- Embraces systems engineering methodology
- Support the escalation of product support strategy (design for maintenance – manufacturing for maintenance)
- Single solution for product support data (buy in)
- Data interoperability and integration in a global environment
- Supports use of a standard proven process that enhances quality and data reuse as a way to capture metrics
- Handbook to provide guidance
- Supports LOTAR strategy
Your Leadership ConnectionStandards Team
AIA’s standards leadership team is well-positioned to address standard practices and part standards for the aerospace and defense industry.
Become a Member
As a full member of AIA, you have the opportunity to help develop National Aerospace Standards and set the course for The Way to What’s Next.