American National Standards
The Aerospace Industries Association is an ANSI-accredited Standards Developer.
The Aerospace Industries Association is an ANSI-accredited Standards Developer. We are able to develop American National Standards in accordance with our accredited procedures, TOC-1, Development Procedures for National Aerospace Standards.
Current AIA American National Standard Working Groups (ANSWG)
NAS9947, Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) Standard
NAS9947 Objective: Development of an AIA/NAS American National Standard for industry organizations that hold an FAA Organization Designation Authorization (ODA).
Scope: This Standard will provide guidance and best practices for all of the ODA types as described in Order 8100.15:
- Type Certification ODA (TC ODA)
- Supplemental Type Certification ODA (STC ODA)
- Production Certification ODA (PC ODA)
- Parts Manufacturer Approval ODA (PMA ODA)
- Technical Standard Order Authorization Holder ODA (TSOA ODA)
- Major Repair, Alteration, and Airworthiness ODA (MRA ODA)
(AIA needs more General Interest and Federal Government interest category participants):
- Producer: Associations and members of associations involved in aerospace design, production, certification, parts, and repair.
- User: All current ODA Holders and applicants for an ODA
- General Interest: For other private entities who utilize ODA programs
- Government: Employees of the federal government
Resources & Publications
Your Leadership ConnectionStandards Team
AIA’s standards leadership team is well-positioned to address standard practices and part standards for the aerospace and defense industry.
Become a Member
As a full member of AIA, you have the opportunity to help develop National Aerospace Standards and set the course for The Way to What’s Next.