The Aerospace Industries Association develops American National Standards within the best practices of an ANSI-accredited Standards Developer.
Explore the Development Procedures for National Aerospace Standards or browse all standards to find the ones you need for your unique application.
The Aerospace Industries Association is an ANSI-accredited Standards Developer. We are able to develop American National Standards in accordance with our accredited procedures, TOC-1, Development Procedures for National Aerospace Standards.
Current AIA American National Standard Working Groups (ANSWG)
NAS9947, Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) Standard
NAS9947 Objective: Development of an AIA/NAS American National Standard for industry organizations that hold an FAA Organization Designation Authorization (ODA).
Scope: This Standard will provide guidance and best practices for all of the ODA types as described in Order 8100.15:
- Type Certification ODA (TC ODA)
- Supplemental Type Certification ODA (STC ODA)
- Production Certification ODA (PC ODA)
- Parts Manufacturer Approval ODA (PMA ODA)
- Technical Standard Order Authorization Holder ODA (TSOA ODA)
- Major Repair, Alteration, and Airworthiness ODA (MRA ODA)
(AIA needs more General Interest and Federal Government interest category participants):
- Producer: Associations and members of associations involved in aerospace design, production, certification, parts, and repair.
- User: All current ODA Holders and applicants for an ODA
- General Interest: For other private entities who utilize ODA programs
- Government: Employees of the federal government
Your Leadership ConnectionStandards Team
AIA’s standards leadership team is well-positioned to address standard practices and part standards for the aerospace and defense industry.
Become a Member
As a full member of AIA, you have the opportunity to help develop National Aerospace Standards and set the course for The Way to What’s Next.